Owner & Education Advocate
Hi, I’m Kimberly! Just like you, I’m a busy parent with kids in school. I know how difficult it can be for parents, especially if your child is struggling in school. Many parents feel helpless or frustrated with the process.
Walking into a big meeting at school can be overwhelming and cause a great deal of anxiety. Why not bring an expert with you to your meeting? Someone who knows your child’s background and is prepared to advocate for your child’s unique needs. No more sleepless nights worrying about your meeting. No more feeling like everyone in the room knows more than you. Feel confident knowing Your Education Advocate has your child’s best interests in mind and will facilitate the entire process to get the results you need.
As a former special education teacher in the public school systems of Alaska and Arizona, Kimberly has the experience, knowledge, and expertise to navigate the school system. She has written and revised hundreds of Individualized Education Program (IEPs). She has fought for and brought countless resolutions to disputes between families and school districts.
Through extensive yearly professional development, she stays up-to-date on current special education regulations. She collaborates with the best, private neuropsychologists, psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, and board certified behavior analysts in Arizona.
Qualifications & Experience
Education & Training
- Mary Lou Fulton School of Education, Arizona State University
- BA degree in Special Education
- Inducted into Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
- Wrightslaw Special Education Advocacy Training Program
- National COPAA Conference
- Vast experience and knowledge in special education eligibility process
- Extensive knowledge in the IEP process
- Expert in extended school year qualifications
- Extensive experience writing S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Skilled case management
- Provided training to parent support groups at Decoding Dyslexia Arizona and Pillar Child Development
- 6 years as special education resource teacher
- 6 years as special education inclusion teacher
- 6 years as a special education case manager
- 3 years teaching highly effective executive functioning skills
- Held k-12 certification for special education
- Endorsed certificate in learning disabilities
- Endorsed certificate in Structured English Immersion